Family Law Attorney Protecting Your Rights And Interests
Family law cases have a profound impact on the lives of everyone involved. The outcome affects your day-to-day living as well as your long-term financial picture. Of course, when children are involved, the case takes on an even higher level of gravity. Your children’s future may be shaped by the outcome of a child custody or divorce case.
In family law, even the most watertight case can spring a leak. Cases that start out uncontested can later develop into full-blown battles. Pitfalls can arise at any step of the process. For that reason, it is important to know what to expect at the outset. With a qualified family law attorney on your side, you can rest assured that your case will be in good hands, even if unexpected obstacles arise along the way.
Practical And Professional Guidance To Families For More Than 30 Years
At Marvin Law Office, L.L.C., in Anoka County, family law attorney Joseph E. Marvin has more than 30 years of experience guiding clients through difficult life circumstances. He understands the concerns and obstacles you are facing. He can offer practical and professional guidance to help you make informed decisions and accomplish your goals.
Our firm handles a broad range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce — Handling both contested and uncontested divorce
- High net worth divorce — Divorce involving significant assets and investments
- Divorce and taxes — Learn how to handle taxes during and after divorce
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and mediation — Learn why many people choose ADR and mediation for divorce
- Child custody and parenting time (visitation) — Learn about child custody arrangements and how to protect your time with your child
- Child support — Get help with obtaining or modifying a child support order
- Spousal maintenance (alimony) — Find out how spousal maintenance is awarded in Minnesota
- Property division — Division of property is often one of the most contentious areas of divorce, but it does not have to be
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements have many advantages
- Post-decree modifications — Child custody and child support may need to be modified after divorce
- Enforcement of court orders — Learn your options for enforcing a court order
- Paternity — Get help establishing and challenging paternity
- Stepparent adoptions — Find out what is needed to adopt a stepchild
- Fathers’ rights — Fathers have a right to relationships with their children
- Grandparents’ rights — Learn about grandparents’ rights to their grandchildren
- Orders for protection — Get help if you are a victim of domestic violence
Empowering You To Accomplish Your Goals
At our firm, we strive to maintain a steady focus on the most important elements in every case. While we always encourage clients to pursue low-conflict resolutions such as out-of-court settlements to minimize the financial toll and delay of litigation, ultimately we recognize that this is your case. You get to set the agenda. Our role is to help you make informed decisions and provide knowledgeable, objective guidance throughout the process.
Anoka Attorney Handling Legal Separation, Divorce And Other Family Law Cases
Get experienced legal guidance during a free initial consultation with lawyer Joe Marvin at Marvin Law Office, L.L.C. Our firm is conveniently located next to the courthouse in downtown Anoka, Minnesota. We handle family law cases — including divorce, custody and support — in Ham Lake, Circle Pines, Blaine, Andover and the surrounding areas.