Call Today for a FREE Consultation
Toll Free: 800-585-1385
Local: 763-200-5754

April 2017 Archives

How to obtain custody in Anoka

Unfortunately, many couples with children split up. When this happens, one parent will normally be given sole custody. While there are some circumstances where a couple may be able to work together well enough to share custody, the majority of cases involve one person being granted custody of a child.

When moving impacts parenting time

If a Minnesota resident has custody of his or her child, he or she may not move to another state without consent of the court or the other parent who may have visitation or custody rights. A move will typically not be permitted if it is being done to interfere with the visitation rights of the other parent. When considering whether or not to approve a move to another state, the best interests of the child must be taken into consideration.

How to handle a marital separation

Minnesota couples whose marriages are on the rocks may choose to go through a physical separation as opposed to a complete divorce. However, there are issues that they need to consider before they choose to go through the separation process. First, it is critical that an individual understands the financial situation in his or her household. This means understanding how much each person makes, how much goes toward bills each month and other basic facts.

What happens to child support if a parent becomes disabled

Many Minnesota parents who have custody of their children rely on child support to make ends meet. However, the other parent could potentially become disabled, making it more difficult for them to make the child support payments that they owe. If a custodial parent suddenly finds that the other parent has become disabled, there are several questions that need to be addressed.

Marvin Law Office, L.L.C.

Firm Location:

Marvin Law Office, L.L.C.
2150 Third Avenue North
Anoka, MN 55303

Toll Free: 800-585-1385
Phone: 763-200-5754
Fax: 763-427-1178
Anoka Law Office Map

Firm Numbers: