At Marvin Law Office,
protecting your family is

How can I make my child’s visitation time more comfortable?

On Behalf of | Jul 28, 2016 | Child Custody

If you are a newly divorced father, or if you’re on the precipice of being divorced, you may have recognized the fact that your relationship with your child is about to endure a number of important changes. For example, you will likely not be living with your child full time. This means that you and your child have some adjusting to do as you both move into the next phase of your lives.

So what can you do to make the transition easier for you and your child? Well, one important thing you should probably consider is your child’s living accommodations. You may want to think about the environment you can create for your child’s visits. To this end, it is a very good idea to set up part of your dwelling to act as your child’s second home.

If it is possible, you may want to set aside a whole room that is exclusively for your child’s use. But if you don’t have that much space, then find some other area that is intended strictly for the child. This could be something like a bookshelf or a section of a room. Giving a child a special place can allow him or her to feel an emotional connection to your home. After all, wouldn’t you feel more welcome in a house or apartment that had an area you could call your own?

The more comfortable your child feels when visiting, the easier it will be for the two of you to relax and form a stronger bond. But it is vital that you have the access afforded by the terms of your parenting agreement. So if your child’s other parent is being uncooperative and obstructing you from seeing your child, you may want to consider contacting an experienced child custody attorney. An attorney could advise you the best way to settle the dispute and could act on your behalf to make sure your visitation rights are protected.

How Can We Help You?